[thesite] code(this)

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Wed Apr 25 19:41:13 CDT 2001

>a. the category must be submitable only to admins
>b. the category should show on the front page
>c. the category probably shouldn't show up in searches
>d. the category probably should not show up on the user page's article
>listing if we're going to follow the precedent we set with the FAQ
category

this is getting out of hand a bit

news and suggestions don't show on the front page, jobs do, some categories
are searchable, some aren't, FAQ isn't in the dropdown...

[sigh] what a hodge-podge of code it will take to maintain all this...

>I like what rudy suggested: code(this) ... but non-programmers might not
get
>it. Should we just stick with Code This! or some variation?

my suggestion was "answer(this)"

code is too backendish, a more general category name can pose any sort of
design or development challenge

for instance, cayley vos' "image slicing - not for the timid" the other day

the frisbeeing rudester