[thesite] cubic

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 11 17:29:53 CDT 2001

> From: "Warden, Matt" <mwarden at mattwarden.com>
> >
> >WAI Priority 1 - second on the list:
> >"Ensure that all information conveyed with color is also available
> >without color, for example from context or markup."
>
> Well, they're images, so I assume there would be alt text describing
> the image. Like "24 article written" or something like that. Do you
> kow if alt text is read by speech readers>? I'd assume so, but I also
> remember some stuff about d-links for images. So I dunno. Good point
> tho.

we're going to need to do that anyway, since every page will just
show an image (although probably a different width, unless you
have a static width for all the images)...

this is important because of those surfing without images or on text
browsers as well... the 'alt' attribute needs to convey what the hell
that means, and there really should be a 'title' attribute as well (and
perhaps a link to an explanation or the author page, dunno which is
better right now)...

if there were discrete images we just stuffed next to each other
(like 5 stars for a 5-star rating) it would be one thing, but we aren't
doing a 1:1 relationship, and we're using a single image...

yeah, all that typing to address alt/title/link...