[thesite] cubic

Filip Salomonsson filip at netdesign.se
Sun Aug 12 12:49:33 CDT 2001

David:
> So, if I may suggest, either we stick with one color (I
> don't know which) or we stick to the rgb, and imply a
> second progression like this (titles are phony, just for
> explanation, and the scale is off the top of my head)

> http://members.evolt.org/mccreath/evolt/cubes/cr-alt.gif

Sweet. Good one, David!

I definitely like this one the most so far. The gold cubes look neat, but I
don't think they'll blend in with the rest of the page as nicely as these,
using the colors of the logo.

Also, I really don't think the color-blindness issue is a major concern,
since the number of cubes still differ from level to level. What with the
additional layer of information induced by the varying colors -- why not let
that be? The important thing, the way I see it, is not that every user
immediately can tell "oh, he's an 'eleven'", but rather "oh, he has done an
assload of work here". I think the *relative* level is more important than
the absolute level.

/filip