[thesite] cubic

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Sun Aug 12 14:43:45 CDT 2001

On Aug 12, Filip Salomonsson had something to say about Re: [thesite] cubic

>> Well, but we need to work towards the "he's got eleven". The whole point
>> here is to reward our contributing members with an ego boost and hopefully
>> get them to try and get another cube by contributing more. If people
>> really can't tell level 5 from level 6, we kind of lose that drive.
>
>Anyone who can count to six should be able to tell them apart, so that's
>hardly a problem. At first glance, though, I don't think anyone who didn't
>sleep through all of the math classes in school will look at six cubes and
>think "twelve!" (I'd pity the fool who does). I guess my main point is that
>I don't consider it important whether a user (non-member) thinks "two solid
>and one transparent cube" or "level five", as long as it's obvious which
>levels are higher than which.

Certainly.

I obviously misinterpreted what you were saying.

Anyways, on a related issue, I think the cubes need to link to an FAQ
describing them. That's been thrown around in the last day or so, but I
think it's pretty much a necessity.

Thanks again, Filip.

--
mattwarden