[thesite] adding a param to the login and signup forms

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Tue Aug 14 15:32:10 CDT 2001

On Aug 14, .jeff had something to say about RE: [thesite] adding a param to...

>any reason you can't just use the live sites datasource to access the user
>table on w.e.o from f.e.o for that?

Other than trying to keep the feo code that accesses the weo database to a
minimum for management reasons (reducing ripple effect for changing weo's
database), no. At this moment, it's only one single query that is in
Application.cfm that accesses weo's db.

But, if you think I ought to just do this from feo, I can. I just need to
do whatever tonight. So, I at least need to *know* which way I should go
(for example, I don't necessarily need the querystring option on the
register2.cfm and update.cfm files, but just need to know it's gonna
be there before feo's launch).

thanks,

--
mattwarden