[thesite] What's appropriate for d.e.o.

Simon Coggins ppxsjc1 at unix.ccc.nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Aug 16 14:37:59 CDT 2001

Hello everyone,

As you may know, I'm looking after the approval of links for the evolt
directory at the moment. Most of the links that have been submitted have
been great, but I have had a few recently that I don't feel really
belong.

This made me realise that I don't really have a definite policy on
what does and doesn't get in.

Here are the links that I'm unsure about:

projectarmata
http://www.projectarmata.8m.com/
web design agency multimedia content original and amazing desktop wallpaper
to download

#10 LLC - Viral Marketing Solutions
http://www.nr10.com/
 #10, LLC delivers TOTAL Internet solutions. Industries include: Hi-tech
Product Manufacturing, Retail, Consumer Product Marketing, Sports/
Entertainment, Art/ Photography, Advertising, Real Estate, Hospitality,
and Software Development. Our services include: *Business Process
Re-engineering *Real-time Inventory Management Solutions *Database
Development & eCommerce Integration *Back-office Integration *Content
Management Systems *Personalization *Web Design/Programming *Usability
Testing & Web Auditing

Now since d.e.o. is supposed to be a resource for web developers I think
that including links to design shops isn't really appropriate, although I
suppose I could easily create a category for this kind of thing.

So my questions:

- What sort of thing do people want to see in the directory?

- What don't you want to see? What kind of links don't belong here?

- How about the links above. Should I add a category for web agencies?

Please let me know what you think. Any ideas on changes to the guidelines
(http://dir.evolt.org/index.php?Info=guidelines) are also appreciated.

Simon