[thesite] Re: [***] Comments on thesite - Edit and Delete Functions

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Sat Aug 18 15:59:32 CDT 2001

Dan,

I haven't added this to a.e.o. yet.

I think I may have just confused the issue.  My message to admin was more of
a notification, than it was reporting a bug.  I'm not convinced that we
should add the [edit] or [delete] options for general users.

See this message from Jeff:
http://lists.evolt.org/adminarchive/Week-of-Mon-20010813/000047.html

and the thread from last week on thesite:
http://lists.evolt.org/thesitearchive/2001-August/1562934.html

I agree with Jeff.  The same issues why we ask authors NOT to edit their
articles based on comments, exist for those that write comments.  If we
allow users to delete/modify comments after the fact, we'll end up with a
mess.

Sorry for the confusion, I wasn't suggesting we DO add this feature.  If it
is something you would like added, can we discuss further, please.

Thanks,

Michele
(the confusing one)