[thesite] new category proposal: web business

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Sat Aug 25 10:05:56 CDT 2001

>Ewwwwww... that's dirty.

+1 for the reasons matt noted

yes, there are probably bookmarks and search engine links out there that
will be affected if we move an article from one category to another,
including links within the body of other articles on evolt

but we should get away from nailing an article to a specific category if we
can possibly do so

i realize the url scheme is pretty complex, and removing the category id
from an article url might make the resulting url hard to distinguish from
other types of evolt url, so at this stage in the game it might not be
feasible...

nevertheless, even if the url scheme cannot be hacked into the shape we
want (i.e. removing the category id altogether), we should still go ahead
and move the articles into the new category -- at the very least we could
let the 404 logic find the article based on article id only, and put up a
page with "oops, not found -- did you want *this* article?"

rudy