[thesite] FAQ - Article Submission

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 27 23:05:21 CDT 2001

> From: "Michele Foster" <michele at wordpro.on.ca>
>
> The solution Jeff proposed would actually solve two identified
> problems. Those being:
>
> (1) articles being submitted to the FAQ category that are not meeting
> that category's requirements (i.e. not an evolt.org article); and

it won't stop it unless the script *prevents* no-admins from
submitting it... adding code that still allows articles to submitted to
the FAQ cat doesn't do it for me... unless i read that wrong...

> (2) forgetting the key_phrase attribute that is required for all FAQ
> articles (I can't remember why they are required, only that they are
> ;) ).

that's just a required field issue, something that would be
addressed outside of this, and that would be handled just like the
other fields... i don't see that as analogous...

> Sure, both of the above can be modified by an admin afterwards.  I
> think an automated solution would be better and less work for the
> article reviewer. Plus, as a courtesy, I think its a good idea to
> notify the author why we moved their article from FAQ to another
> category.

i think we may get complacent and just assume the cat isn't
FAQ... but that's just me... if it *prevents* submission, that's a
whole different issue...

> So, we have three things that need/should be done when an author
> submits an article to the FAQ category in error.

lost, i saw only two, but i missed some of the thread...

> I can't comment on how many lines of additional code would be
> required, exactly.  However, I don't think its too many to be
> concerned about, in order to add more automation.

i can't speak to that, since that would require me knowing what the
CF looks like now, and how it will look afterward... of course, with
all the talk of multiple queries per page, it maketh me nervous...