[thesite] hosting listings on d.e.o.

David McCreath mccreath at ak.net
Wed Aug 29 20:13:12 CDT 2001

> From: Warden, Matt
>
> >Excellent question. Yow. Using CF and PHP on the same site. Hmmmm ...
>
> Yeah, not sure how that'd work on the PHP side...

Heh.

> It'd be a copy of the database, like feo. The content woudl
> be entries/articles about hosts (name and short description,
> prices, whatever).
>
> It would be separate from weo... just using a (modified) copy
> of the CMS.
>
> dig?

dug.

The only issue still not addressed is how we do member authentication
(if we feel that's required). Can we hit the members table on w.e.o.'s
Oracle database for validation? That seems trick-icky. So do we provide
a separate log in for d.e.o.? That, too, is icky.

I'm having late afternoon chocolate brain freeze, so forgive me for
asking this: Can the w.e.o. cookie be read by d.e.o.? Are cookies
*.domain.com specific or *.com specific?

What are you doing for f.e.o., Matt? Completely separate membership
stuff?

David