[thesite] hosting listings on d.e.o.

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Wed Aug 29 20:58:57 CDT 2001

>The only issue still not addressed is how we do member authentication
>(if we feel that's required). Can we hit the members table on w.e.o.'s
>Oracle database for validation? That seems trick-icky. So do we provide
>a separate log in for d.e.o.? That, too, is icky.

I've already handled this with feo. I could do it again for deo, or take a
few and do an explanation here on thesite (probably better in the event it
could be improved). I'll try to find time on Friday to write up an
explanation.

>I'm having late afternoon chocolate brain freeze, so forgive me for
>asking this: Can the w.e.o. cookie be read by d.e.o.? Are cookies
>*.domain.com specific or *.com specific?

The evolt cookie is *.evolt.org. So, yes, it can be read by any
blah.evolt.org site.

>What are you doing for f.e.o., Matt? Completely separate membership
>stuff?

Hell f'ing no   =)

ok. i'll write up an explanation of what i'm doing with feo. it's not
complicated. it was just kind of hard to figure out which was the best way
to approach it.

thanks,

--
mattwarden