[thesite] need a hand..

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 12 20:48:33 CST 2001

> From: "Daniel J. Cody" <djc at starkmedia.com>
>
> > i suspect you know the 'terms of service' is 404...
>
> http://members.evolt.org/tos.cfm is? I'm not seeing it.. anyone else?
> Where'd it 404 from? the link on the front page?

cheater... it works now... maybe it was some other error and not a
404?  who knows...

> > hey, you got <label>s on everything... coolio...
>
> thought you'd like that :)
>
> its pretty much ripped from the user signup page on w.e.o

you da man...

> > ok, the error page for when i leave stuff out sucks... redraw the
> > page?  highlight fields that are missing info? use an inline style...
> > or something...
>
> ya, i'll get to that.. icing on the cake though.

dig

> > there are a couple lines at the bottom of the page... about 10px
> > below the left edge of the 'Register Me' button is a ~5px x 1px
> > black line... down and to the left is another... IE5/win98...
>
> noticed those too.. thought it was mozilla.. any idea what it is?

nup... perhaps the class 'blackSides' is somehow cascading?

> > does this tie in with the member db at all?
>
> manually for now.. when a person signs up, i check to see if they have a user account on evolt
> .. hopefully more than a couple days old. if they do, i add them to the
> user table and to the linux box itself..
>
> when i can get some more time to work on it, it will all be automated
> hopefully

hmmm... being the resident paranoid, i think manual is better...
hell, i think some other form of authentication is better, like a valid
photo ID and an I-9 form... who knows what kinda weird-ass shit
people are gonna post (or spam)... but that's just me...