[thesite] RDF?

jeff jeff at members.evolt.org
Fri Feb 23 22:56:16 CST 2001

dave,

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: From: dave mclean
:
: > http://www.evolt.org/xml/articles/index.html
:
: Cool Jeff, but what does it do?  Gives
: a list of articles obviously, but they
: aren't URIs.
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

what does it do?  it generates the xml for syndication.  you're not seeing
the whole picture if you don't view the source of the page though.

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: Is there a way to generate the following
: easily:
:
: [example snipped]
:
: So that we can deliver our content to
: PDAs and other wireless devices?  I'm
: very interested in doing this, especially
: since the redesign, my AvantGo channel has
: been messed up by the graphics (and until
: recently our 404 problem.)
:
: Branding, 5 Article Titles, Summaries and
: Links to full story (which, in itself would
: be pared down.)
:
: Thoughts...?
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sure.  can you give me some links to some developer resources for the
avantgo?  once i have that i can build a template that the avantgo users use
when accessing thesite with just some basic functionality like last 5
articles, next/previous 5, and links to the articles themselves.  is that
going to be enough?

thanks,

.jeff

name://jeff.howden