[thesite] Re: [Admin] alternate color schemes

jeff jeff at members.evolt.org
Sat Jan 20 21:25:31 CST 2001

rudy,

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: From: rudy
:
: > http://home.gci.net/~mccreath/evolt/
: >
: > comments?
:
: cool
:
: presumably these are some schemes that we
: can predefine?
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

yes, in fact that would be the more appropriate way to set these up.  that
way the transition to user-defined styles would be seamless.  so, in effect,
i'm saying store the current default (green) color scheme in the database
along with the default for browses and lists.  then, we can pull them out
and build the stylesheet on the fly based on their values.

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: also, are we going to have one of those slidey
: things?   jeff?  do you know what i'm talking
: about?
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

slidey things?  i'm assuming you're talking about for choosing colors or
something.  maybe you could elaborate some more.

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: me personally, i would like to see a scheme that
: mimics the original colour scheme, black background,
: blue links, neon green headers, etc.

that one would be as easy as pie.  in fact, we can do some of these
pre-defined schemes before we have the editor built and let people surf the
site with some pre-defined ones.

thanks,

.jeff

name://jeff.howden