[thesite] browsers.evolt updated look

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Thu Jan 25 14:10:31 CST 2001

jeff wrote:

> well, how about maintaining the user's preferred styles?  a tool that would
> allow aardvark to manage the listing of folders/browsers/executables/etc.
> via an admin interface, which would require login of some fashion (might as
> well do it via the existing login system.  can't do any of that without
> maintaining the login.  it really goes beyond just what we can gain from it

even though this feature is 'way' off as you state below?

> now though.  it goes more towards what we can do with it in the future
> should we need the functionality.

agreed.

> some may be indexing it but we're not getting optimal placement in the
> engines.  we need to make it easier.

why not? i dont see how we're going to get better placement by
re-rranging keywords in the URL.

> honestly, i completely disagree with you.  i think they're all a priority,
> but not in the order that you've listed them.  member features isn't going
> to be easy.  there's still alot of work that needs to be done on that to
> make it a reality.  the editability of stylesheets is *way* off still.
> allowing members to choose predefined themes is fairly easy to implement.
> however, we don't even have the css worked out yet to move on that.
>
> so, that takes me back to this.  i honestly don't mind the 30+ minutes out
> of my time (provided i have some warning so i can plan for it) to make the
> change which will garner benefits for us.
>
> (ps, nothing personal.  today was just not the day to bring up the issue of
> priorities and micro-managing certain aspects of projects.  i just got out
> of a 5 hour meeting addressing these very issues and i happen to have had
> about 8 or 9 hours worth of work that needed to get done during that 5
> hours.  now i've gotta try to slip it in somewhere else, likely where sleep
> would have normally been fit, so i can meet deadline)

Hey, I'm not trying to micro-manage here. I'm just leary of moving all
of our shit to a system that no one except you fully understand yet. I
mean, we worked on it together for like 4 days, and I barely know wtf is
going on. I also understnad you're busy, we all are.. All the more
important to be able to distribute the workload between more people than
just you..

Not trying to be an asshole here towards you either, but you already
knew that :)

.djc.