[thesite] evolt map

mantruc javier at msm.cl
Tue Jul 17 16:13:46 CDT 2001

Bruce Heerssen wrote:

> Excellent! Now we need a good, reasonably accurate flat map of the world
> complete with lat & lon. marks. Convert these to percentages for flash's
> sake, and do the same for the variables, place a dot in the appropriate
> places.

cool will search for it...

 The embed code would look something like:

> <embed src="map.swf?dot1=lat1,lat2&dot2=lat2,lat3&......."
>
> And the same for the <object> tags.
>
> Sound do-able? Anyone know of a suitable map we could use? It should be
> reasonably large scale, maybe 400 x 600 px - we can get the file size
> down by manipulating the color depth if necessary.

cool
we only have to not forget the multiple members in one city thing

> > fun!
>
> Yes!

absolutely!

> Now, having the dots zoom in to the local region would be much more
> difficult - not worth it, IMO. But a simple flyout showing member info
> for each dot (or group of dots) would be okay.

would be cool, i agree the zoom in is not worth it

> Oh, and let's not forget about privacy issues. I don't mean to be a
> stick in the mud, but it's something to think about. Opinions anyone?

i don't get your point

i think we should capture the location from the member pages

--
javier
http://mantruc.com