[thesite] the stylesheet and the btnbt

mccreath mccreath at ak.net
Sun Jul 22 11:49:29 CDT 2001

> > From: Garrett Coakley <garrett at polytechnic.co.uk>
> [...]
> > This makes a lot more sense to me, but one question from the new guy.
> > How would this change effect the three buttons on the left hand side?
[...]

> From: aardvark
> that's a good question... my initial reaction is that they point to the
> domain-specific faq/abbout/contact/whatever pages... otherwise
> places like feo don't get to talk about what they are... and these
> can all link back to the weo pages, of course...

That is a good question, Garrett. And I like your idea, aard, but the shape
and content of the contact and FAQ pages will likely change from site to
site. For example, on aeo there isn't really a need for a FAQ, but we will
have user/help docs. (Michelle is working on them.) Would it make sense to
use the "?" button for the help docs? Or would it be better to have a
different button?

Yet another consideration is the actual tab with the logo in it. Should that
link to the local site home or weo? My gut tells me that we could use the
tab as a link to weo as long as we have the home button below pointing at
the local site home. I think it visually makes sense, although it might be a
little confusing for people at first, given the quasi-standard of
"logo:upper lefthand corner = link:home". But if we look at it as a link to
the evolt "network" home, then it makes sense. (But only if we assume that
weo is the "network" home. Which I do.)

Okay, so where I am with this is :

btnbt is to be localized for the various *eo sites along these lines:

1) The drop down will be adapted for whatever sections the local site
contains
2) The three buttons below the tab/logo will be localized
3) The tab/logo will always refer to www.evolt.org

Sound good to everyone?

> > Am I making sense?
>
> yep... am i?