[thesite] Tips Database

Seth Bienek seth at sethbienek.com
Sun Jul 22 18:02:45 CDT 2001

> assuming dean can do it, would you have a problem if he just shoved all
> the messages in there for you with perl?

Not a bit!  I wasn't sure why we were doing it in CF to begin with, I think perl is much better suited for the work; CF4.5 on Linux is *painfully* slow at type of stuff.

Dean, if you don't mind, I'd like you to have a look at the CF code to see what fields were being pulled out; even if you're not familiar with CF it's very straightforward.. It's at leo/mporter/mporter.cfm

There was a table structure in place that should be populated with a few thousand messages, too - should be able to wipe the contents and keep the structure.

Fins up.

Seth
Seth Bienek
Digitaris Technologies, Inc.