WAIT! Re: [thesite] feo update

David Mccreath mccreath at ak.net
Tue Jul 24 14:35:37 CDT 2001

From: Garrett Coakley <garrett at polytechnic.co.uk>

> > i kinda like it, but just be aware that it's a departure from
> > the general style of all the sites... i'm not qualifying that
> > as good or bad, just as a fact...
>
> I quite liked it as well, especially the borders on everything.
> Very cubist. That's why I was trying to work out how to get it in
> there. Maybe next time.

Why not now? We've had three votes for it (aard, me, and isaac, if you
count his original design) and one vote against it.

I'm not gonna get up on a soapbox here or anything, but adding the
alternating class does NOT harm anyone looking at the site. As has been
pointed out, they just don't show up for some people depending on their
monitor.

I have some very specific uses for the alternating row stuff on aeo,
and I am using it and nobody's stopping me! [ c'mon, c'mon ... nyuck
nyuck nyuck ]

Seriously. It is a departure, but it's a worthwhile departure, as are
*all* the departures on feo.

Please don't consider this conversation closed just yet.

> Well, no coloured background... no problem.

See above.

> Gotta admit, I felt like sneaking a font tag in there, just to see
> if anyone was awake *;)

Oh, please. Challenge us. ;p

> All yours then I guess Matt?

The discussion of the alternating row style shouldn't affect the CF, so
go ahead and start chopping, Matt, but I'm gonna scream and kick until
you say alternating rows are okay. :)

David