[thesite] Tips Database

Dean Mah dsmah at home.com
Wed Jul 25 16:45:11 CDT 2001

.jeff writes:

> i looked at parsing that header awhile back.  i'm sure it'd be alot
> easier in perl, but this is what i came up with:

Actually, I've done this before already for the date so that's not a
problem.  I've also done the time but in a restricted environment
(read: strict format).

> the bitch is the time.  it's in a variety of formats so converting
> it to gmt isn't going to be easy (without trying to write logic that
> accounts for every known possibility).  here's a sampling from the
> test data i got to work with:

Cool... the test data helps.  Once I run the script I'm sure I'll find
all of the other anomolies.  :)

> Sun, 19 Nov 2000 16:47:28 CST
>
> i'm guessing the cst in there reflects +/- 0000.

Or, Central Standard Time, -0600 I believe.

Dean