[thesite] map - the FSFE way

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Fri Jul 27 15:57:10 CDT 2001

Bruce Heerssen wrote on 26/7/01 4:25 pm

>>http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?pc=eh111qj
>>

>Cool Martin. That is more detail that I would choose to give because of
>my family,

It's a bit less detailed than you'd think because the housing pattern
here isn't single houses with gardens - it's centred on my postcode's
centroid, not on my house.

>but the advantage to the method above is that I could provide
>whatever level of detail I wanted.
The way UK postcodes work is that the more of the postcode you
give, the more accurate it is.

So if you look at EH, it's a largish area of SE Scotland. EH11
is about a mile by half a mile. EH11 1 is a few hundred yards
in each direction. EH11 1QJ is about 3 houses.

>BTW - are there really that many train tracks in your neighborhood?
There's only 1 which is at all significant or noticeable, and even that's
well
hidden. It's actually a pretty nice area:
http://www.upmystreet.com/details/?location1=eh11+1QJ&pg=Msc

Cheers
Martin

email: martin at easyweb.co.uk             PGP ID: 0xA835CCCB
       martin at members.evolt.org      snailmail: 30 Shandon Place
  tel: +44 (0)774 063 9985                      Edinburgh,
  url: http://www.easyweb.co.uk                 Scotland