[thesite] Consistency Across the Sites ... Things To Do

Warden, Matt mwarden at odyssey-design.com
Sun Jun 3 12:26:20 CDT 2001

Since dan didn't respond to ya...   *duck*

> From: "Michele Foster" <michele at wordpro.on.ca>
> Subject: [thesite] Consistency Across the Sites ... Things To Do
>

> Hi folks,

Hello Michele and Mr. Tester.

> - title modification - change the (?) to be FAQ, not About.

+1

> w.e.o.
> b.e.o.
> l.e.o.
> tips
> m.e.o.
> d.e.o.
> t.e.o.
>
>  Join | Browsers | Lists | Tips | Members | Directory  <join only
> on weo and only if not already logged in>
>
> This should give us room for f.e.o. and n.e.o.  *hopefully*

Nice.

One of these days, and I think it'll be evolt3.0 when it happens, we
need to have common functions out of specific sites. The problem is
that weo was *the* site before and all the functionality is in there.

I'm talking about joining evolt, contacting admins, maybe submitting
articles (though that would get a bit messy having conditional
datasources), the about page, the evolt faq category, etc. Right now,
all this is included in the weo code, so when I take that code to
feo, all this stuff is copied. Version control issues, plus there's
really no reason why we can't use just one of each of these
(especially with the "passport" stuff that is being worked on). With
evolt3.0, we need a common.evolt.org or something, which stores all
this stuff. And the index page could be a list of our subsites. Ok,
that's enough.

Basically, you rock, Michele.

> I'll gladly help implement the above .. providing someone wants to
> *hold my hand* through it all, as I haven't access <yet>, much less
> a clue as to how the entire Evolt.org is put together.  I'd like to
> know, I'd like to learn, I'd like to be able to help ....

It's pretty easy to understand once you get the naming conventions
down. I'll talk to you over ICQ.

Did I mention you rock?

- --
mattwarden