[thesite] Testing: Submit an Article

jeff jeff at members.evolt.org
Sun Jun 3 14:30:36 CDT 2001

michele,

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: From: Michele Foster
:
: JoeTheTester has been busy trying to submit
: an article to the Evolt site.  But, he's
: having some problems.... Here's the message
: he keeps getting:
:
: error   unauthorized access
:   You are not authorized to edit the article
:   selected.
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

logged in as joethetester and got the same error when trying to submit.

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: Now, I'm wondering if there's a cookie or
: something already set on my machine from
: being logged in as my own ID.  That might
: explain the problem. ??
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

nope, if you logout it blasts away any cookies you might have had related to
your login.

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: Both IE and NS are "passing" two different URL schemes,
:
:
http://www.evolt.org/article/index.html?action=submit&cfid=486712&cftoken=40
577226 (IE)
:
http://evolt.org/article/index.html?action=submit&cfid=378453&cftoken=397358
8 (NS)
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

how are either of these different, aside from the session vars being
different (for obvious reasons)?

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: Then I was checking to see if Joethetester
: exists within the drop down author menu..
: and I can't find him in there.  So, ummm..
: is that the problem?
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

nope, he's there, you just gotta look for him.

the problem as far as i can tell --  based on the logic that gives the
"unauthorized access error" is that joe isn't getting a session id set
properly when he logs in.  how/why that's happening i'm not sure.

fwiw, test users and test articles should be done on test.evolt.org and not
thesite.

thanks,

.jeff

name://jeff.howden