[thesite] question about article update

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Tue Jun 26 00:06:17 CDT 2001

> yes, versioning and publishing workflow development sucks.  we've
> been able
> to avoid it so far here at work, but eventually we'll have a client that
> wants it.  then we get to dig in and get our hands dirty.  i'm
> sure if i sat
> down and thought about it i could come up with a solution for you.

we had originally planned the database so that each item would have a
content history (10 levels probably), with each level time- and
user-stamped. publishers could back track through the history (ie, a
10-level undo feature).

but it's been relegated to the lowest priority. tonnes of development time
required for minimal usage/return.

implemented library snippets (headers and footers for specific documents).

next step are itemsets (enabling multi-part articles, etc).

zzzz