[thesite] comments on test.evolt.org

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Thu Jun 28 21:06:14 CDT 2001

> > is serving up content based on feature more appropriate then? aren't we
> > already doing this in a small way with the stylesheet?
>
> I don't think so. I can show you even in NN2 how the stylesheet values
> (will) change after the stylesheet tool has been used. Functionality is
> server-side and works on all clients. The only thing left is what
> has ALWAYS
> been left... display of the stylesheet.

are you talking about the stylechanger? i was talking about using CSS.

> I hope you can see how I think we're more worried about the kind of
> precedent that would set more than the feature itself. I mean, you're
> already referring to a stylesheet changer that isn't even built yet (and
> that's much more towards the right side of the gray line, if that makes
> sense).

i wasn't referring to the stylechanger in this case. personally, i wouldn't
even build the stylechanger to the level that is generally discussed.

i'd probably allow users to make the content area background white, and the
font darker/larger, but not much else.