(Fwd) RE: [thesite] comment stats

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 29 00:57:19 CDT 2001

bounced... The Postfix program
<thesite at lists.evolt.org>: unknown user: "thesite"

From:           	"aardvark" <roselli at earthlink.net>
To:             	thesite at lists.evolt.org
Date sent:      	Fri, 29 Jun 2001 01:43:40 -0400

> From: "isaac" <isaac at members.evolt.org>
[...]
> how would you address things when (not if) we have 30 comments on
> 50% of articles?
>
> i looked at the frontdoor this morning. a good portion of articles
> had 8-10+ comments. i don't see the trend reversing over time.
> (neither am i saying that we're gonna get there next week, but it'd
> be nice to have the discussion in advance while it's a topic.)

that's a damn good question... off the top of my head:

- list 10 latest comments, offer a page with the rest... the number is
variable, and if the total comments is perhaps 12, keep it all on the
same page...

- a separate comment page?

- just accept it?

either way, it's worth exploring sooner rather than later...