[thesite] Feb stats..

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Fri Mar 2 09:17:05 CST 2001

John Handelaar wrote:

> 1	You did way more PIs per day in the last 7 days than
> 	over the whole month.
> 2	On the same note, your hits vs PIs ratio altered
> 	from 5:1 to around 3:1 during that last week.

we had a pretty big surge in traffic last week yes.. aardvarks
'redesign' article got a lot of links on other websites.. also, most of
the people that signed up for m.e.o accounts came in last week

> 3	Time-of-day graph suggests the Europeans use thesite
> 	more than anyone else (assuming the time zone is correct
> 	on the report).
> 4	Netscape does a lot better on evolt than it does
> 	on any sites I monitor :-)  Oh, look: Macs too.
> 5	1500 favicons!  In one month!

exactly.. thats what I like to see.. ;)

> If you'd like me to have a look at the analog.cfg file
> there is a way to make weo's 404s show up as PIs. I
> think...
Sure, find it below...

LOGFILE /home/evolt/logs/old/*.log
#APACHELOGFORMAT (%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\"
\"%{User-Agent}i\)
#
# Your organisation's name and URL for the top line of the report
HOSTNAME "[evolt.org]"
HOSTURL none
#
# Where to write the report
OUTFILE /home/evolt/archive_html/stats/stats.feb2001.html
#
# URL for the images directory
#IMAGEDIR images/
#
# Style sheet for the output page
#STYLESHEET none
#
# /dir/ fetches /dir/index.html
#DIRSUFFIX index.html
#
# Case sensitive or case insensitive file system: default depends on
your OS.
# If your web server and your analog run on different OS's, you may need to
# change this according to the machine running your server.
# CASE INSENSITIVE
# USERCASE SENSITIVE
#
# How to uncompress compressed logfiles
# UNCOMPRESS *.gz,*.Z "gzip -cd"

# Cache files: see docs/cache.html
CACHEFILE none
CACHEOUTFILE noneBROWOUTPUTALIAS Mozilla Netscape
BROWOUTPUTALIAS "Mozilla (compatible)" "Netscape (compatible)"
BROWOUTPUTALIAS IWENG AOL
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .html    ".html [Hypertext Markup Language]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .htm     ".htm  [Hypertext Markup Language]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .shtml   ".shtml [Server-parsed HTML]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .ps      ".ps   [PostScript]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .gz      ".gz   [Gzip compressed files]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .tar.gz  ".tar.gz [Compressed archives]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .jpg     ".jpg  [JPEG graphics]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .jpeg    ".jpeg  [JPEG graphics]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .gif     ".gif  [GIF graphics]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .png     ".png  [PNG graphics]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .txt     ".txt  [Plain text]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .cgi     ".cgi  [CGI scripts]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .pl      ".pl  [Perl scripts]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .css     ".css  [Cascading Style Sheets]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .class   ".class [Java class files]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .pdf     ".pdf  [Adobe Portable Document Format]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .zip     ".zip  [Zip archives]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .hqx     ".hqx  [Macintosh archives]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .exe     ".exe  [Executables]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .wav     ".wav  [WAV sound files]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .avi     ".avi  [AVI movies]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .arc     ".arc  [Compressed archives]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .mid     ".mid  [MIDI sound files]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .mp3     ".mp3  [MP3 sound files]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .doc     ".doc  [Microsoft Word document]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .rtf     ".rtf  [Rich Text Format]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .mov     ".mov  [Quick Time movie]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .mpg     ".mpg  [MPEG movie]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .mpeg    ".mpeg  [MPEG movie]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .asp     ".asp  [Active Server Pages]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .jsp     ".jsp  [Java Server Pages]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .cfm     ".cfm  [Cold Fusion]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .php     ".php  [PHP]"
TYPEOUTPUTALIAS .js      ".js  [JavaScript code]"

304ISSUCCESS ON

# Whether each report is wanted: see docs/output.html
GENERAL ON
MONTHLY ON
DAILY ON
FULLDAILY OFF
WEEKLY OFF
HOURLY ON
FULLHOURLY OFF
QUARTER OFF
FIVE OFF
DOMAIN ON
ORGANISATION ON
DIRECTORY ON
FILETYPE ON
REQUEST ON
REDIR OFF
FAILURE OFF
SIZE ON
PROCTIME OFF
HOST OFF
REFERRER ON
REFSITE ON
REDIRREF ON
FAILREF OFF
VHOST ON
USER ON
FAILUSER OFF
SEARCHQUERY ON
SEARCHWORD ON
BROWSER ON
FULLBROWSER ON
OSREP ON
STATUS ON

# The columns in each report: see docs/timereps.html and docs/othreps.html
TIMECOLS RP
MONTHCOLS RP
DAYCOLS RP
FULLDAYCOLS RP
WEEKCOLS RP
HOURCOLS RP
FULLHOURCOLS RP
QUARTERCOLS RP
FIVECOLS RP
DOMCOLS Rb
ORGCOLS Rb
HOSTCOLS Rb
DIRCOLS Rb
TYPECOLS Rb
REQCOLS RbD
REDIRCOLS R
FAILCOLS R
REFCOLS R
REFSITECOLS R
REDIRREFCOLS R
FAILREFCOLS R
BROWCOLS R
FULLBROWCOLS R
OSCOLS NR
SIZECOLS Rb
PROCTIMECOLS R
VHOSTCOLS Rb
USERCOLS Rb
FAILUSERCOLS R
SEARCHQUERYCOLS R
SEARCHWORDCOLS R
STATUSCOLS R

# How the graphs are plotted: see docs/timereps.html
ALLGRAPH P
MONTHGRAPH P
DAYGRAPH P
FULLDAYGRAPH P
HOURGRAPH P
FULLHOURGRAPH P
WEEKGRAPH P
QUARTERGRAPH P
FIVEGRAPH P

# Whether the time reports run forwards or backwards: see docs/timereps.html
ALLBACK OFF
MONTHBACK OFF
FULLDAYBACK OFF
FULLHOURBACK OFF
WEEKBACK OFF
QUARTERBACK OFF
FIVEBACK OFF

# The number of rows to display in each time report: see docs/timereps.html
MONTHROWS 0
WEEKROWS 0
FULLDAYROWS 42
FULLHOURROWS 72