[thesite] permalinks for comments..

Matthew Haughey matt at haughey.com
Wed Mar 28 15:55:13 CST 2001

On 03:46 PM 3/28/2001 -0600, Daniel J. Cody wrote:
>I know i mentioned them a while back cus of a suggestion javi had, but i
>just added them in there.. I used the '#' sign for the actual link, but
>that can easily be changed... if someone thinks it should go elsewhere
>or be different, lemme know :)

I get 404's when I click on them (there's a comments folder being appended
to the path) but I could hack the URL to get at the proper comment, so they
do work if the URL was correct.

On metafilter, I used to have "permalink" href'd in the footer of every
comment, but later on I streamlined the interface, by stashing the href
around the time something was posted.

For evolt's interface, I'd suggest just replacing the "#" link with maybe
"link to this" to make it obvious, to help people along with getting used
to seeing it and using it to reply to specific comments.

Matt