intro (was [thesite] Abbreviations and Welcome to the New Folks on Here)

Colette Brown colette at wi.rr.com
Thu May 17 14:38:11 CDT 2001

Thursday, May 17, 2001, 2:11:41 PM, djc at starkmedia.com wrote:

> Good to have another member from wisconsin :)

Thanks.  Nice to be here.  There doesn't seem to be many of us, does
there?

> how comfortable are you with those? there is one app we do have written
> in php/mysql that simon coggins wrote..

I'm more familiar with PHP than MySQL at the moment.  But, so far, it
doesn't seem like a big leap for me.  I would think that MySQL is used
with PHP in a similar fashion as Access and SQL Server are with ASP.
Just different languages, and syntax.  I use SQL queries regularly, so
I think that helps.  I could definitely help out with coding tasks.

Colette Brown
Blog: http://ziatroyano.org