[thesite] dean, some oracle things again..

jeff jeff at members.evolt.org
Thu May 17 16:47:28 CDT 2001

djc,

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: From: Daniel J. Cody
:
: also , the front page query is taking like
: 20 seconds to run.. can we make a view out
: of this:?
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

we can make a view out of it, but that won't give us any speed increases.  a
view doesn't actually create another table of info to query, it just binds
together some sql logic into a  resultset that can then be queried with
simpler queries.

my suggestion would be to take that query and make a stored procedure out of
it.  then we'll get the speed of advantage.

my 2c,

.jeff

name://jeff.howden
game://web.development