[thesite] Members' Directory/Pages

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Thu May 17 19:02:48 CDT 2001

>  > I could see it as a directory
>  > type structure that could be drilled down though with hyperlinks ...
>>  or there could be a member search page on which one could search for
>  > anything about a member.

>I like the
>"drill-down" idea, but in order to for it to make sense, there would have to
>be a lot of heirarchtical information about a user.  I didn't see anything
>in the schema to group data fragments or otherwise organize them... unless I
>missed something.

I meant something where a path to the bottom of a skills directory might be:

backend > cold fusion > custom tags > joshua olson

So there would have to be a lot of hierarchical information about the
skills, but not a specific user.

>I think they allow a person to erase the comments made about
>themselves, but when they do all comments go with them, good and bad.  That
>way they can protect themselves from slamming, but a sense of fairness is
>maintained.

Wow, that's a good idea - I wonder if they've patened it ... tee hee.
I find things like that that always have "0"s in them to be
embarrassing, so maybe it would be a good idea to hold off on that
until it starts being used.
--

- Erik Mattheis

"For best results, pronounce muh THEIGH ess."

(612) 827 3963