[thesite] n.e.o. - Networking Application

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Tue May 22 21:40:35 CDT 2001

> You'll see it goes over and above the outline for the
> members pages.  This is intended to be a
> separate application (n.e.o.).
>
> http://members.evolt.org/gozz/evolt/member_01_5_22.html

how is it "over and above"?

i don't see anything that doesn't fit into the design of the member records

this is exactly what we imagined the member pages to look like

okay, maybe we have to make the Remarks a bit larger than varchar(255)

and maybe add a classification system so that various attributes can be
grouped together (let me think about it, though)

does "a separate application" imply a separate database?

if so, y'all are passing up a good opportunity to take advantage of
integration with the main set of users

it would be a real shame, and i'm not just saying that as the guy who
designed the member records

standalone apps are always a problem

please, consider utilizing the existing database design

by the way, that page looks gorgeous -- who did it?  it's beautiful

rudy