[thesite] database: content table

Joshua OIson joshua at alphashop.net
Fri May 25 23:24:45 CDT 2001

Rudy,

: any time you have an aggregate function in the select list, along with one
: or more other columns, then you must have a group by clause which contains
: those other columns
:
: the only time you don't need a group by is if the select list contains
only
: aggregate functions, then of course you get one row for the result set
:
: please ask for examples if you want them

I'd love to hear more about this rule.  Please explain/write an article.
Damn, look at me, I'm almost drooling!  I love steadfast rules like the one
you are implying in that first sentence.

Thanx,
-joshua