[thesite] Priv Levels, Voting App. and UEUE

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Thu Nov 1 19:44:00 CST 2001

On Nov 1, rudy had something to say about Re: [thesite] Priv Levels, Voting...

>> i don't see any reason why the privs on w.e.o.
>> can't equate to voting privilege.
>
>me neither
>
>let's keep it simple
>
>(sorry to disagree with you, matt -- it happens so infrequently....)

Hey, disagreeing with me is fine. But, you're actually agreeing with me
here.

More infrequently than you thought, I guess...

>on the gripping hand, if y'all want to use priv for voting, that's cool

Well, splitting hairs maybe, but I'd rather see the terminology/whatever
kept as priv 2 = member, priv 3 = admin, etc. rather than priv 2 =
voter. And, I'd bet cash on you agreeing with that, you data modler,
you. Describing a level, not a specific privlege.

>furthemore, let's not forget we don't even know for sure what kind of
>voting we're talking about here -- the kind of survey we're currently
>prototyping warrants, in my most humble opinion, a priv level no higher
>than 1, and i can see where we could even have a priv 0 survey

yes, and there could also be a distinction between voting priv and
result-viewing priv, as jeff hit on.

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com