[thesite] UEUE v.0.2 Update

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Mon Nov 5 17:37:41 CST 2001

On Nov 5, .jeff had something to say about RE: [thesite] UEUE v.0.2 Update

>if unified login is all this is for (not unified session state), then i've
>got a question for you.  why don't we simply query the users table based on
>the user's persistent login cookie?  that would sure save all the hassles of
>the various browser bugs regarding redirects, users that disable cookies,
>building something complex and complicated like ueue, etc.

it's for unified login, but one of the reasons to do that is to close off
meo accounts' ability to query the user database(s). If all there is is
the persistent cookie, anyone with an meo account can query the database
for the persistent cookie and then login as whomever they want on weo.

right?

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com