[thesite] Re: Propoganda FAQ....

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Wed Nov 7 15:38:17 CST 2001

At 02:44 AM 11/8/2001, you wrote:
>* (americanism) WalMart is a huge chain of discount stores founded in Texas
>by zillionaire Sam Walton. All WalMart stores employee an official 'greeter'
>whose job is, quite literally, to stand inside the front doors and greet
>customers as they arrive. They also answer questions and do general customer
>service stuff, but they're waiting at the door when you walk in so you never
>have to go looking for help.

I see that I'm already beginning to have a positive effect by way of
increased culture-sensitivity ;)

<tip type="Cool scroll mouse tricks" author="Madhu Menon">

1) In your browser, holding down Ctrl and then rolling the mouse scroller
will quickly change font sizes.

2) Pressing down the scroller will create a scroll widget on the screen.
Now, if you move your mouse up and down, the page will scroll. How fast or
slow depends on how much you move the mouse. It's easier than using scroll
bars.

</tip>

Hang on, is this list even parsed for tips? :-/

Madhu

Madhu Menon
User Experience Consultant
e-mail: webguru at vsnl.net