J2EE Digression... WAS: Re: [thesite] UEUE v.0.2 Update

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Thu Nov 8 13:28:56 CST 2001

On Nov 8, Mark Nickel had something to say about J2EE Digression... WAS:...

>djc wrote:
>
>> this is just me an limited understanding of j2ee and .net, but wouldn't
>> we need to have these technologies in place to use them?
>
>Yes you would.  Throw out the Coldfusion/PHP/Perl and embrace Java Server
>Pages/Servlets/and EJB's.
>
>If you still want the authentication server-to-server, then you need an
>XML-RPC architecture.  This doesn't solve the problems of Global user
>sessions.... :)

Maybe I'm missing something here, but couldn't session information be
created when the user is authenticated. IOW, if the user is authenticated,
included in the XML response would be the user's information. The receptor
(could be any language) takes that info, parses it, and then creates its
own session information.

When another language needs to access the session info, it won't be there,
and the user would be re-authenticated(we'd probably still want to do
something so that the username and password can be extracted from an
encrypted cookie or something), and that language would then create its
own session variables.

weeeeee!

--
mattwarden