[thesite] Additions to default CSS file

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 11 11:01:12 CST 2001

sorry for the late response... i, er, had to go on friday...

> From: "Michele Foster" <michele at wordpro.on.ca>
> |
> | td.content { line-height : 130% ; }
[...]
> However, the references are still being used in two spots within an
> article view (not sure about other pages, yet).
>
> Can you tell me what to do with Jeff's suggested additions please,
> with respect to pagetitle2. The only place where a link is now, is for
> the Author's linked name.
>
> <quote>

> Window Targeting w/ JavaScript</h1><cite class="content">Author: <a
> href="/user/jeff/15/index.html" title="Author info!">.jeff</a></cite>
>
> </quote>
>
> So, my questions are .... and these are probably dumb .. but I don't
> wanna mess it all up.
>
> Should the three link classes be created for "pageTitle2" ?  Should
> the <cite class="content"> above be deleted all together?  Or do we

class="content" should be gutted, IMO... it was for the content
area of the page only, and meant to sit in a <td>, and neither of
those applies, so i'd cut it from <cite>... after all, it only controls
line-height, right?

> still want the <cite> tags there?  If we want the <cite> tags, will
> the link classes defined for pageTitle2 be used or should they instead
> be defined for use within the <cite> tag?   ACK  ;)

leave the <cite>... i don't think it's a 100% perfect usage of the
tags, but someone else felt they were, and with the itnerpretation of
the specs so open, it's not worth worrying about...

> And what about "active" state?  Not defined elsewhere, should it be?

maybe i'm on crack, but i see no reason to define a new a set of
pseudo-classes... the generic a pseudo-classes cascade well
enough...

just seems like spaghetti to me...