[thesite] Back to the Drawing board for UEUE?

Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com
Sun Nov 11 15:52:23 CST 2001

Martin replied to Mark who said:

| >Please correct me if I'm wrong, I've a thick skin, but won't
| a XML-RPC
| >based solution take longer to implement because of the
| experience level
| >of us?  I've never really done a XML-RPC application.  I totally
| >understand how to do it, but I've never actually coded something
| >before...
|
| Possibly so, but as we're not on VC-specified timescales, does
| this matter? And isn't an opportunity to learn A Good Thing?

This landed in that sweet spot where we ask "do we get to play with it _and_
have fun?"

I am with Mark Nickel on terms of "understand, haven't done," as perhaps are
others.

Keeping an eye on the forces which govern development on the site, though, I
can also perceive other risks which may need to be investigated before we
put fingertip to keyboard. Not being raised on the milk and honey of
thecode, however, I may as well be naive as to what these are, precisely.

I think that a relevant and initial question in a decision about UEUE might
be: do we need a solution to a problem right away, or can we develop
something which will benefit evolt, but take our time to learn it and play
for fun?

<rory disposition="trying to think positively about working on Sunday"
alt="8}"/>