[thesite] Back to the Drawing board for UEUE?

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Sun Nov 11 17:11:36 CST 2001

On Nov 11, Martin had something to say about RE: [thesite] Back to the...

>Or alternatively:
>Is what we have good enough for the time being (if not the ideal
>situation)?

No, unless you feel that stunting other projects like f.e.o is acceptable.

What I have there now is such a messy kludge and I don't even have certain
situations figured out.

I see this as a step towards expansion. It's almost like building a second
part of a city across a river, having no bridge or other structure to
allow for anyone to reach it. You can put people on one side of the other,
but it becomes a royal pain in the ass if someone wants to go from one
side to the other.

Let's build the bridge. I'm personally getting tired of trying to get my
monkey vine(1) to substitute. I'd certainly be willing to help out with
UEUE, especially (even?) if we go the XML data transfer route.

And, not to be a semanticsnazi, but I believe XML-RPC isn't exactly what
we'd be using. XML-RPC is a way for language A on server A to call a
procedure in language B, optionally on server B. That's my understanding,
anyways. We'd be doing a straight data transfer using XML and
HTTP. Similar, but I don't think the same.

Just my $0.02.

Ok, back to literal speech...

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com

(1) - thick, rope-like vine that hangs from trees near water
(usually). used often to swing on into or across water.