[thesite] [t.e.o.] [Bug] Recent Threads on thelist ?

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Thu Nov 15 16:47:15 CST 2001

isaac wrote on 15/11/01 11:41 pm

>> btw, why don't "New Comments" show up for everyone?  What's the priv on
>> that?  Not at all sure why there's a priv restriction in effect anyway?
>
>I think it's merely that we overlooked it being useful for everyone.

I think so - it's staggeringly useful to direct me to the most recent
content that's not a whole new article. Particularly if it's a comment
to a really, really old article (like the one I posted on Wolf's SE
spider article from waaay back in 99 or so)

>I don't see any problem (aside from increasing sidebar content) with making
>that available to anyone.

I can't see a downside, although as the chief benefit is for people with
the priv to make comments (ie registered members), that's where
I'd go first off.

Cheers
Martin

email: martin at easyweb.co.uk             PGP ID: 0xA835CCCB
       martin at members.evolt.org      snailmail: 30 Shandon Place
  tel: +44 (0)774 063 9985                      Edinburgh,
  url: http://www.easyweb.co.uk                 Scotland