[thesite] Rating Articles .. Whatcha think ?

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Fri Nov 16 13:19:06 CST 2001

At 09:04 AM 11/16/2001, the great Rudy spake thus:

> >      1 (bad)    2 (poor)    3 (good)    4 (excellent)    5(outstanding)

How about:

1) Poor 2) Average 3) Good 4) Very good 5) Excellent

I have bad experiences with having both "excellent" and "outstanding". From
what I've learnt doing countless pointless performance reviews, very few
people even know the distinction between "excellent" and "outstanding" (I
still don't).

If you keep 'em both, you'll only encourage more "4" ratings. Trust me.

(Of course, I'd argue for a three point rating scale because the real
losers will already have been weeded out by admin, but it's a bit too late
for that)

And for those who suggested Rad, Lame, Killer, etc., here are some of you
ideas:

1) Ghatiya 2) Ganda 3) Thheek 4) achha 5) Bahut achha

Know what that means? (it's in Hindi) Now you get my point ;)

Madhu

Madhu Menon
User Experience Consultant
e-mail: webguru at vsnl.net