[thesite] comment searches

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Fri Nov 16 13:54:28 CST 2001

On Nov 16, Michele Foster had something to say about Re: [thesite] comment...

>I +1 what dan's saying ... I'd rather the New Comments and the Comment
>search be available to anyone visiting, regardless of log-in status.
>
>Jeeze, even I used to visit the site a few times a week before I signed up
>for an account 10 months after I found evolt.  I use the New Comments every
>day now .. (of course, I can see them ;)) .. but its great to see where the
>new content is.  There are articles I've read and re-read cos of the New
>Comments feature.  Wasn't it Martin that pointed out earlier this week, he
>added a comment to an old article of Wolf's .. which I'd never stumbled
>across .. but did when I say there was a comment on it .. Nice Article, btw.

Comment search and "New Comments" are two different things. We CAN'T
list New Comments to someone who isn't logged in. How would when know when
they last logged in if we don't know who they are?

Just wanted to clear that up.

Thanks,

--
mattwarden