[thesite] Back to the Drawing board for UEUE?

Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com
Fri Nov 16 14:38:15 CST 2001

| Oh, i didn't realize you were talking about a redirect.

Neither did I. I am really not sure how the different servers run... do they
all have separate copies of CF on, for instance? Are they clustered?

| that's because you're deleting the cookie value. they may
| still be sent,
| but they have no value.

No, deleting the cookie value would mean setting the expiration date to
"NOW". This would require a page view before a redirect.

Redirecting causes cookies not to be sent, so one would set the internal
application (CF) cookie collection variable (named, creatively, "cookie") to
something blank, but this wouldn't affect the browser cookie.

Of course, this assumes that redirect works in the framework of x.e.o.

<rory disposition="redirected" alt=""/>