[thesite] [teo/weo] Article Viewing

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Sat Nov 17 13:38:04 CST 2001

(last email today, I promise ;)

Let's look at the article viewing continuity .. I think we have some
problems (houston).  ;)

With all the wonderful additions .. the article view is currently as such:

Article (author info on the right)
Author Bio
Article Rating
Other Articles by this Author
Reader Comments (Article)

Ouch ... we've lost the continuity with the Article now.

We're jumping back and forth with what's part of the article and what's the
author's additional information.  I know we discussed this before when we
first added the "Other Articles by this Author" section .. but now I'm
afraid the continuity is lost.

One thing that might improve it .. is to "bullet" the Other Articles ..
which, btw, seems to be working great now Jeff .. tested it under different
users and the results appear much better.

Ideally, in order to keep the continuity of the article, I think we need to
either (a) put the additional author's info after the comments, or (b) put
both pieces of author's information before the ratings.  Let's discuss the
pros and cons of each and decide which option best serves our purposes.

That's all for me ... (she says now ;)

Mich