[thesite] [t.e.o.] [Bug] Recent Threads on thelist ?

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Sun Nov 18 14:21:16 CST 2001

On Nov 18, Martin had something to say about RE: [thesite] [t.e.o.] [Bug] ...

>>Regardless, though, I think the point was "how much is too much in the
>>sidebar."  I don't want to see articles that are only one screen long, but
>>the page is stretched to a screen and a half because of the sidebar.
>
>Indeed. But there's more to the question than 'how long does it make the
>page for short articles'. We need to weigh *all* of the pros and cons,
>not just the simplistic "I think it makes some pages look a bit silly",
>and reach a decision on *all* of them.

That wasn't meant as a representation of all the cons.

The biggest problem I see is that if we keep making the sidebar bigger and
bigger, what is already there will be looked at less often or ignored
completely. I don't do a very good job at explaining this,
so: www.useit.com (not that I enjoy linking to his site).

Thanks,

--
mattwarden