[thesite] [bug] t.e.o. - Other Articles Written by this Author

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Mon Nov 19 01:59:25 CST 2001

Martin wrote on 19/11/01 7:42 am

>rudy wrote on 19/11/01 1:34 am
>
>>maybe it *is* serious enough to take at least to theforum
>
>I think so, and should be for all significant changes in the
>user experience, *especially* where this group had the
>idea in the first place, so theforum as a body hasn't had the
>chance to think it through (even if individuals have by being
>here).

Of course, this doesn't mean that we're saying "We can't
decide, so it's over to you guys".

It says "We think *this*. Can you confirm that we're not
talking shit, that this won't break anything we haven't
thought of and that we can all point back at this and say
'we *all* decided that', so no-one can give thesite a
kicking for it in the future if it all goes wrong"

In other words,
1) it removes 'us and them' mentalities
2) it gets a larger collective intelligence and experience
    thinking it through
3) it provides a blame shield for anyone working on it.

Cheers
Martin

email: martin at easyweb.co.uk             PGP ID: 0xA835CCCB
       martin at members.evolt.org      snailmail: 30 Shandon Place
  tel: +44 (0)774 063 9985                      Edinburgh,
  url: http://www.easyweb.co.uk                 Scotland