[thesite] Where to put author info (was: ...Other Articles Written...)

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Mon Nov 19 06:02:02 CST 2001

On Nov 19, isaac had something to say about RE: [thesite] Where to put...

>If you don't want your photo on your articles, don't put it there. If you
>don't want your bio-snip at the end of your articles, don't use that feature
>either. We're providing the option for users to not participate to that
>level if they either have an unhealthy love for database structures, or are
>not happy with their visual appearance. :P

Well, it ain't that simple. There's no way for me to get my picture up,
but to put it on my user page rather than my articles. And there's no way
to get rid of those stats on our article pages, either.

Also, "putting things where they make most sense" doesn't equate to "an
unhealthy love for database structures".

Thanks,

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com