[thesite] improved? rating layout

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Mon Nov 19 09:08:08 CST 2001

At 08:36 PM 11/19/2001, aardvark opined:
>because it taints the reader's idea of the quality of the article...
>poorly rated articles may be ignored, while more highly rated
>articles may be intimidating...

While I agree with you on this aspect, we've already been doing this for a
*long* time. Look at our home page. The article rating is right there.
Aren't we then affecting his perception before he's even clicked on the
article hyperlink?

However, once he's started reading the article (he's on the page, after
all), do you then think he'll abandon it if he sees a low rating?

Madhu

Madhu Menon
User Experience Consultant
e-mail: webguru at vsnl.net