[thesite] [bug] t.e.o. - Other Articles Written by this Author

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Mon Nov 19 12:11:33 CST 2001

On Nov 19, Madhu Menon had something to say about Re: [thesite] [bug]...

>At 05:38 PM 11/19/2001, Warden, Matt opined:
>>I really don't understand why everyone is arguing the "whether to put up
>>author pictures" argument. Can someone explain to me why it has to be on
>>the article page?
>
>I just wrote a long argument for putting pictures ON the *article* page,
>Matt. It wasn't about whether or not to put up pictures, but about what
>they do to articles when viewed *along* with the article.

Ok, maybe I misunderstood you, but it seemed like you were talking about:

1. Design (not just gray bgs and black text)
2. Picture adds human aspect (face to voice, etc.)

(Excuse the brief summary (the whole thing can be found here
http://lists.evolt.org/thesitearchive/2001-November/1564533.html))

These are good points, but I don't see how this is an argument for putting
pictures on the article page, and not an argument for putting pictures up
at all.

Yes, it adds to design.
Yes, it adds a human aspect.

No, that doesn't mean it has to be on the article page.

Seriously, people click on an article link to see an article.
People click on a user's link to see user information.

I still haven't seen anything explaining why it needs to be on the article
page. And, I've been genuinely asking for that, as I obviously don't
understand it.

Thanks,

--
mattwarden